Introduction to Creating Websites
There are several different types of websites you can create including, but not limited to Wikis, Blogs, and Websites. Each type of website that you can create can be basic or very complex, and will depend on your needs as well as your learners needs. The complexity of your website(s) will also depend on time constraints that you may have.
Upon completion of this section you will be able to:
- Identify the different types of websites.
- Create a plan.
- Select the appropriate website type for your needs.
- Add your content to your website.
- Revise and publish your website.
What to Expect in this Section
Types of Websites
- Read summaries of different types of websites.
- Participate in quiz to determine which site is best for you.
- Think of an idea.
- Identify your audience.
Module 2: Choose a Site Type
- Read an overview of Wikis, Blogs, and Websites.
- Select appropriate type of website for your needs.
- Choose a program to create the website of your choice.
- Participate in an evaluation for your selected type of website.
Module 3: Add Content
- Add necessary pages.
- Add appropriate and relevant content.
- Read about copyright infringement and fair use laws.
Module 5: Review and Inspect Website
- Review and inspect your website using a list.
- Publish your website to the World Wide Web.
Evaluations: Creating Websites
- Participate in a survey/evaluation to provide feedback regarding your experience with the Creating Websites tutorial.