Module 1: Create Your Plan
Now that you have read an overview about podcasts, it is time to begin developing your podcasts. First, we must develop a plan surrounding your podcasts as it will help you identify what it is you want your podcast to do.
Please note that you are not creating your podcasts in its entirety until all three sections, Creating Websites, Creating Podcasts, and Incorporating Into Instruction, have been completed.
Think of an Idea
In order to create a podcast, you must know what you want it to cover. It is important to establish clear objectives. When deciding on a topic, you may wish to answer the following questions:
Identify Your Audience
Before you create your podcast, it is important that you identify your target audience. Different audiences have different experiences with the knowledge you wish to present and the technology tools in which you wish to deliver the information. Whether you choose to incorporate your podcasts before your instruction, during your instruction, or after your target audience has received instruction, it is necessary to identify your audience for planning purposes.
When identifying your audience, you may wish to answer the following statements:
- Describe the general characteristics of your target audience? Who are they, how old are they, and what kind of learning styles do they possess?
- Describe the prior knowledge of your target audience possess? Have they had experience with online tools? Do they have any background in the topic I am covering?
- Describe your learner's attitudes towards the content and the delivery system.
- Describe the academic motivation of your learners.
- Describe their educational abilities and general learning preferences.
- Describe any group characteristics of your target audience that may be important.